- Heritage buildings
- Hotels, guest houses and Inns
- Telecommunications facilities
- Industrial food production areas
- Automotive test facilities
- Information Technology (IT)
- Village halls & community pavilions and clubs
Industrial food production areas
This industry is one of the highest insurance risks. It is accepted that a fire will happen at some stage during the processes of the factory. There are many fire hazards that make this industry one that requires particular attention. Consider the fire hazards that exist in a typical food processing factory:
• Large quantities of flammable cooking oils in fryers and other hot food processing equipment.
• Direct heat i.e. electric and gas burners and elements.
• Oil storage areas.
• Hot fume (smell) scrubbers.
• High voltage electrical equipment.
• Extract ducting and heat exchangers.
• Combustible ‘sandwich’ panel walls.
These represent some of the fire risks you would expect to see being employed within a food production facility. The risk to life is very high and we would provide risk assessments to identify the hazards and the risks to persons within the vicinity and the building as a whole.